Saturday, June 16, 2012


A Dip in the Lake

It's beautiful here in Beulah, Michigan (Beulah means Heaven).


 I arrived in Traverse City (the closest airport), it's near Interlochen, about 30-45 minutes away from the cottage where I'm staying. My grandparents picked me up at the airport and we stopped on the way home for some local strawberries and local, organic lettuce.
If you look closely you can see a path in both of these pictures.


I grabbed my bathing suit and headed down to the beach.
Gotta love the dunes in this part of Michigan.



I threw on my bathing suit and walked down to the beach.






It was rougher today than usual, normally it's smooth with tiny waves.


I dipped my toes in first and then sloshed in up to my waist.


The water was around 70 degrees. Cold, but manageable if you kept moving. It was so nice to feel the waves and the sand again. My biggest fear when I swim in a lake is that there'll be a dead fish floating on top of the water and I'll bump into it.
I start work on Wednesday so I have a few days to settle in and swim.

Laurel <3

No comments:

Post a Comment